The factory began its production in 1871, as a small chemical plant narrowly specialized in the productionof soap (toilet, laundry, glycerin). It acquired its name ALBUS in 1927, these days already producing180 wagons of soap for the domestic market and export.
In 1961, Albus introduced serious innovation – industrial production of liquid dishwashing detergent,and fabric softener several years later. In those days, ALBUS cooperated with well-known European companies: Yves Rocher (France), Boldoot (Amsterdam) etc. The portfolio expanded – counting fabriccare, household care, cosmetics, etc. In 1997, Albus was the first detergent producer that gained ISO 9001 certificate.
Nowadays, the factoryimplements highest safety standards of raw material, production process and final control. In 2005 ALBUS enhanced its market performance and developed into a modern company, as a member ofInvej Holding.